- 1 Is goat farming profitable in Pakistan?
- 2 Which goat is best for farming in Pakistan?
- 3 How many goats do I need to start a goat farm?
- 4 Which food is best for goats?
- 5 Which farming is most profitable Pakistan?
- 6 How much does it cost to start a goat farm?
- 7 How many goats should I start with?
- 8 How many goats do I need for 2 acres?
- 9 Where can I sell goats milk in Pakistan?
- 10 How much does a goat cost in Pakistan?
- 11 How many types of goats are in Pakistan?
- 12 Can you have 2 male goats together?
- 13 How long do pygmy goats live?
Is goat farming profitable in Pakistan?
You can commercially produce meat, milk, skin or fiber from your farm. According to the weather of Pakistan raising meat and milk goats are very suitable and profitable.
Which goat is best for farming in Pakistan?
Selection of suitable Goat breed In Punjab, Beetal, Teddy goat and Kajli, Lohi, Thalli and Sipli breeds are most suitable. In Sindh, Kamori, Pateri, Kacchan, Jattan goat breed and Kocca are most suitable breeds. In KPK, Damani goat breeds are most suitable and in Baluchistant, Baluchi most suitable breed.
How many goats do I need to start a goat farm?
It is never a good idea to just have one goat, you need at a minimum two goats. Two does or a doe and a wether (a neutered male goat ) or a buck and a doe, if you are ready to start a little herd. They huddle and cuddle, they eat and they sleep together.
Which food is best for goats?
What is the list best of foods for goats?
- Alfalfa hay. Alfalfa hay is one of the best and favourite food of goats.
- Pasture and forage crops. Pasture and forage crops contain sufficient nutrients and are a delicacy for goats.
- Grass hay.
- Food supplements for goats.
- Garden and kitchen Scrap.
Which farming is most profitable Pakistan?
Nowadays, goat farming in Pakistan is being considered as one of most lucrative and profitable business.
How much does it cost to start a goat farm?
$630-$2730 for your first goat and milking setup. I did not include food, unexpected Vet cost, supplements, fencing, feeders, waterers, bedding, or housing. The first year always seems the worst. Once you have the right setup and all the equipment the price per year goes down drastically.
How many goats should I start with?
It’s best to raise at least two goats at a time. Preferably, we recommend purchasing both goats from the same herd so they’re comfortable with one another. This will keep your goats healthy, happy, and in good company. However, while your goats may be happy together, you may not.
How many goats do I need for 2 acres?
Goats are similar to sheep in that you can support about six to eight goats on an acre of land. Because goats are browsers, not grazers, it will be important that the land you have will supply them with the sort of forage they like to eat—see below.
Where can I sell goats milk in Pakistan?
76 Goat Milk Buyers & Importers in Pakistan
- Umab Company Lmtd. We sell and buy sheep wool and goat and sheep milk.
- GOATLANDFARMS Private Limited. We raise dairy goats do their breeding,kidding,Milking,Feeding, Selling and Purchasing.
- Shangriila Group. Infant milk.
- Nutra Biomed (Pvt)Ltd.
- Animal Nexus.
- Mh Traders.
How much does a goat cost in Pakistan?
A goat, sheep or lamb may cost from Rs25,000 to Rs45,000 whereas a cow or buffalo may cost something between Rs75,000 to Rs120,000 or more.
How many types of goats are in Pakistan?
There are 37 breeds of goats reported in Pakistan [Bhutto et al, 1993, Isani and Baloch, 1996]. The production characteristics of these breeds are given in Table-5. The important goat breeds are Beetal, Dera Din Panah and Teddy in Punjab, Barbari and Kamori in Sindh, Kaghani and Jatal in N.W.F.P.
Can you have 2 male goats together?
Because goats are herd animals, a buck should not live alone. A castrated buck, or wether, makes a perfect companion goat for an intact buck. If you own multiple breeding bucks, house bucks of similar age together to avoid injury to older or younger bucks.
How long do pygmy goats live?
They live approximately eight to 12 years. Pygmy goats are a popular breed for small homesteads. Expect to have the goats for 12 years.