- 1 What is commercial farming?
- 2 What is difference between subsistence farming and commercial farming?
- 3 What do you mean by subsistence farming?
- 4 What is commercial farming Short answer?
- 5 What are the 3 categories of commercial farming?
- 6 What is commercial farming give example?
- 7 What are the 3 major types of subsistence agriculture?
- 8 What is the main purpose of commercial farming?
- 9 What are examples of subsistence farming?
- 10 What are the two types of subsistence farming?
- 11 What is another name for subsistence farming?
- 12 What are the 5 types of farming?
- 13 Which is the commercial crop?
- 14 How many types of commercial farming are there?
- 15 Which farming is also known as a commercial farming?
What is commercial farming?
Commercial farming is the farming method in which plant and livestock production is practiced with the intention of selling the products on the market. Subsistence agriculture is practiced in a small area only. On the other hand, a large area is necessary to practice commercial agriculture.
What is difference between subsistence farming and commercial farming?
Subsistence farming is performed in a small area only. As against, a large area is required to perform commercial farming. In subsistence farming, mainly food grains like wheat and rice, fruits and vegetables are grown. Conversely, in commercial farming mainly cash crops and cereals are grown.
What do you mean by subsistence farming?
Subsistence farming, form of farming in which nearly all of the crops or livestock raised are used to maintain the farmer and the farmer’s family, leaving little, if any, surplus for sale or trade. Preindustrial agricultural peoples throughout the world have traditionally practiced subsistence farming.
What is commercial farming Short answer?
Commercial Farming is a type of farming that uses higher doses of modern inputs to achieve higher productivity, like high-yielding variety seeds, chemical fertilisers, insecticides and pesticides. A plantation is a form of commercial farming where a single crop is cultivated in a wide area.
What are the 3 categories of commercial farming?
Types of Commercial Farming
- Dairy Farming. As the name suggests, it is the commercial farming of milk and milk products.
- Grain Farming.
- Plantation Farming.
- Livestock Ranching.
- Mediterranean Agriculture.
- Mixed Crop and Livestock Farming.
- Commercial Gardening and Fruit Farming (truck farming )
What is commercial farming give example?
Commercial farming is a farming in which an agricultural crop is grown for sale to return a profit. Commercial crop is typically purchased by parties separate from a farm. Tobacco is an example of commercial farming.
What are the 3 major types of subsistence agriculture?
Subsistence Agricultural Regions: Shifting cultivation (2) Pastoral nomadism ( 3 ) Intensive subsistence: wet rice dominant (4)
What is the main purpose of commercial farming?
Commercial agriculture is basically growing crops intended to sell the produce for profit in the local or export market. In olden days, most of the farmers in India, used to cultivate crops for their own food purpose which is personal agriculture.
What are examples of subsistence farming?
Subsistence farming may also mean shifting farming or nomadic herding (see nomadic people). Examples: A family has only one cow to give milk only for that family. A farmer grows only enough wheat to make bread for his or her family.
What are the two types of subsistence farming?
Types of subsistence farming
- Shifting agriculture.
- Primitive farming.
- Nomadic herding.
- Intensive subsistence farming.
What is another name for subsistence farming?
• farming for basic needs (noun) undersoil, crop farming, truck farming.
What are the 5 types of farming?
1. Subsistence farming:-
- Intensive subsistence farming:-
- Primitive subsistence farming:-
- Shifting cultivation:-
- Commercial grain farming:-
- Commercial mixed farming:-
- Commercial plantation farming:-
Which is the commercial crop?
Crops giving comparatively better returns to farmers are known as commercial crops. Examples are cotton, sugarcane, jute, ramie etc. The produce of such crops is procured by factories for processing.
How many types of commercial farming are there?
There are three types of commercial farming: Commercial grain farming: the farming practiced in temperate grasslands where area is spread over large land. For example, wheat and maize. Mixed farming: the land which is used for both growing crops and for rearing livestock.
Which farming is also known as a commercial farming?
Plantation farming is a type of commercial farming. It involves farming on large areas of land to maximize output and profits. This type of farming requires huge capital and involves extensive labour. Some crops grown in plantations are rubber, coffee, cotton, sugarcane etc.