- 1 What you mean by farming?
- 2 What is the scientific definition of farming?
- 3 What is farming and types of farming?
- 4 What is farming in simple words?
- 5 What is importance of farming?
- 6 What is an example of farming?
- 7 What we obtain from the crop is called?
- 8 What are the three main spheres of agriculture?
- 9 What do you call someone who studies agriculture?
- 10 What are the 5 types of farming?
- 11 What are the 11 types of farming?
- 12 What are the methods of farming?
What you mean by farming?
Farming is the act or process of working the ground, planting seeds, and growing edible plants. You can also describe raising animals for milk or meat as farming. Farming is a great way to describe the lifestyle and work of people whose jobs are in the agriculture industry.
What is the scientific definition of farming?
: the science, art, or practice of cultivating the soil, producing crops, and raising livestock and in varying degrees the preparation and marketing of the resulting products cleared the land to use it for agriculture.
What is farming and types of farming?
Subsistence farming is described as family farming because it meets the needs of the farmer’s family. It required a low level of technology and household labour. These types of farming produce small output. They do not use high yielding varieties of old seeds and fertilizer. Most subsistence farming is done manually.
What is farming in simple words?
Farming is growing crops or keeping animals by people for food and raw materials. Farming is a part of agriculture. People may have started farming because the weather and soil began to change. Farming can feed many more people than hunter-gatherers can feed on the same amount of land.
What is importance of farming?
1. What is the importance of Farming? Agriculture is an important source of livelihood in most parts of the world. It involves tough work but it contributes to food security and the health of the nation. Before the industrial revolution, agriculture was the primary source of economy.
What is an example of farming?
Farming is defined as the business of raising livestock and/or plants. An example of farming is raising dairy cows. The business of cultivating land, raising stocks etc.
What we obtain from the crop is called?
Answer: Crop is the term used to describe a plant that is grown in a field on a large scale. The products obtained from the crops are called produce.
What are the three main spheres of agriculture?
branches of agriculture
- Livestock production.
- Crop production.
- agricultural economics.
- agricultural engineering.
What do you call someone who studies agriculture?
Professionals of the agricultural science are called agricultural scientists or agriculturists.
What are the 5 types of farming?
Types of Farming
- Complimentary Farming. One of the most efficient and least-known forms of farming, this method pairs plants based on natural pest repellent qualities, root depth, and other factors.
- Crop Rotation.
- Dairy Farming.
- Dry Farming.
- Industrial Farming.
- Mixed Farming.
- Multiple Farming.
- Nomadic Farming.
What are the 11 types of farming?
Terms in this set ( 11 )
- Grain Farming.
- Shifting Cultivation.
- Commercial Gardening and Fruit Farming.
- Pastoral Nomadism.
- Mediterranean Agriculture.
- Intensive Subsistence with wet rice dominant.
- Livestock Ranching.
- Intensive Subsistence with Wet Rice not Dominant.
What are the methods of farming?
The five traditional farming methods that is still popular today are as follows:
- Agro forestry. Agro forestry is one of the oldest farming methods that has been used since earlier times.
- Crop rotation.
- Intercropping/Mixed crops.
- Poly culture.
- Water harvesting.