- 1 What are non arable crops?
- 2 What is the opposite of farming?
- 3 What is meant by arable farming?
- 4 What is the synonym of arable?
- 5 Which country has most arable land?
- 6 Which country is the most fertile land?
- 7 What do you call a farmer’s wife?
- 8 What is the gender of farmer?
- 9 What do you call a small farm?
- 10 What is an example of arable farming?
- 11 What are the 5 types of farming?
- 12 What are the advantages of arable farming?
- 13 What do you think is the closest synonym for arable?
- 14 What does tillable mean?
- 15 What is the another name of arable land?
What are non arable crops?
: not suitable for the growing of crops: not arable nonarable land.
What is the opposite of farming?
▲ Opposite of relating to agriculture. nonagricultural. urban. industrial.
What is meant by arable farming?
Arable farming is growing crops in fields, which have usually been ploughed before planting.
What is the synonym of arable?
In this page you can discover 20 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for arable, like: plowable, arable land, cultivable, farmable, tillable, heathland, mixed farming, grassland, upland, marginal-land and farmland.
Which country has most arable land?
Land use statistics by country
|Rank||Country||Arable land (%)|
Which country is the most fertile land?
India has the most arable land in the world followed by the United States, Russia, China and Brazil. India and the United States account for roughly 22% of the world’s arable land.
What do you call a farmer’s wife?
: a woman who is a farmer or farmhand.
What is the gender of farmer?
The noun farmer is a common gender, either male or female. Every farmer worked as hard ad they could. Every farmer was working in their field.
What do you call a small farm?
Large farms, or groups of farms under the same ownership, may be called an estate. Conversely, a small farm surrounding the owner’s dwelling is called a smallholding and is generally focused on self-sufficiency with only the surplus being sold.
What is an example of arable farming?
Examples of arable crops and their uses can be seen below (Figure 1) : grain crops cultivated for their edible starch grains (wheat, maize, rice, barley, millet); fibre crops cultivated for non-food use (cotton, jute, flax); tuber crops grown for their edible underground parts (potato, elephant yam).
What are the 5 types of farming?
1. Subsistence farming:-
- Intensive subsistence farming:-
- Primitive subsistence farming:-
- Shifting cultivation:-
- Commercial grain farming:-
- Commercial mixed farming:-
- Commercial plantation farming:-
What are the advantages of arable farming?
Advantages of arable farming
- A larger volume of land can be ploughed within a shorter time.
- Soil enrichment with oxygen.
- The possibility of deep processing, which allows turning of the soil layer.
- Increase in productivity.
- Reduction of labor costs and human efforts.
What do you think is the closest synonym for arable?
Synonyms & Antonyms of arable
What does tillable mean?
: capable of being tilled: arable 60 tillable acres Almost every square foot of tillable land is exploited as fully as possible.—
What is the another name of arable land?
What is another word for arable land?