- 1 How can I get fish farm Licence in Kerala?
- 2 Which fish is best for farming in Kerala?
- 3 How much does it cost to start a fish farm in Kerala?
- 4 How do I start a fish farm?
- 5 What are the documents required for fish farming?
- 6 How can I become a farmer in Kerala?
- 7 What fish grows the fastest?
- 8 Which fish is best for farming?
- 9 Is there any subsidy for fish farming in Kerala?
- 10 How expensive is fish farming?
- 11 How much does a fish farmer earn?
- 12 Do fish farms make money?
- 13 How do I start a fish farming tank?
- 14 How do I start a fish selling business?
How can I get fish farm Licence in Kerala?
For registration and licence, contact either the State Fish Seed Centre at Thevally, Kollam, (0474-2797188) or the fish farmers development agencies in districts.
Which fish is best for farming in Kerala?
- Red-bellied Natter.
How much does it cost to start a fish farm in Kerala?
Generally speaking, a minimum of Rs. 50,000 per acre (excluding the price of land) of Capital investment is required to completion of ponds and stocking.
How do I start a fish farm?
How to start fish farming step by step
- Step 1: Select an Apposite Land Area. The first step in this process is selecting a good land area.
- Step 2: Pond Design and Construction.
- Step 3: Selecting the Fish Species.
- Step 4:Feeding the Fish.
- Step5: Fish Harvesting.
- Step6: Marketing the Fish.
What are the documents required for fish farming?
Major requirements to get license for fish farming business. Identification of site, where you are planning to start the fish farm. Formulation of the project such as plan papers and general estimation, bank loan documents if you have taken any loan on the land. You need to get trained in the fish farming business.
How can I become a farmer in Kerala?
Users can get this online form for registration as a farmer in the State of Kerala. You need to fill up this online form with details such as your name, mobile number, email id, Id proof, Municipal Council, etc. Applicant will also have to attach documents with this form.
What fish grows the fastest?
More About the Mahi Mahi The Mahi Mahi fish is the fastest – growing wild fish species known to man. When the conditions are right, the Mahi Mahi can grow as fast as 1.3 to 2.7 inches in a week.
Which fish is best for farming?
Java, blue and nile tilapia are the best species for backyard fish farming. Catfish. Exceptional taste and hardy resistance to disease and parasites make catfish another good choice for beginning fish farmers. Catfish grow quickly — a large fingerling can reach 1 pound within five months.
Is there any subsidy for fish farming in Kerala?
The Government of Kerala has announced a subsidy on fish farming done on a land area not less than 2 cents in the backyard. The subsidy is 100% for scheduled tribes, 80% for scheduled castes and 40% for one’s belonging to other sections.
How expensive is fish farming?
The cost to get started in aquaculture varies quite a bit depending on what species of fish you are trying to grow and whether it’s a low-level or more intense operation. Start-up costs can run as little as $100,000 or over $1 million.
How much does a fish farmer earn?
1.75 lacs by Investment of Rs. 25K Annually. On an average he earns Rs 1.75 lakh from it by incurring an annual expenditure of Rs 25,000 only.
Do fish farms make money?
Fish farming is very profitable. As in other types of agriculture, the level of profit is seldom excessive. Fish farming is a good retirement activity. Running a fish farm requires hard physical work and can be stressful.
How do I start a fish farming tank?
To start a home-based fish farm, it is required to dig a fishpond or gather some fish tanks or containers for indoor fish farming. Water from a reliable source must be chosen; municipal supply water will be fine. Once you have got a pond or container setup, juvenile fish and some fish feed to start would be necessary.
How do I start a fish selling business?
Steps for selling fish online
- First of all, determine what all will you be selling.
- Make sure you have a proper process for packing your products and also ensure proper storage.
- According to your convenience, choose the platform where you would sell.
- Do the promotion right.