- 1 How farming practices increase the productivity of agricultural crops?
- 2 How can a farm increase productivity?
- 3 How do farmers increase the efficiency of food production?
- 4 How would a farmer maximize the productivity of their livestock?
- 5 What are examples of extensive farming?
- 6 What agricultural term is used to describe food production productivity?
- 7 Why do we need to increase farm productivity?
- 8 What are modern methods of farming?
- 9 What are the problems faced by a farmers during agricultural practices?
- 10 What are the three options to increase food production?
- 11 What are the ways to increase food production?
- 12 What are the techniques of farming?
- 13 How has technology improved animal agriculture?
- 14 What do you mean by livestock production?
- 15 What is livestock farming technology?
How farming practices increase the productivity of agricultural crops?
How do farming practices increase productivity of agricultural crops?
- Fertilisers increase productivity -they are added to soil.
- Pesticides + biological control prevents crop damage.
- Weed killers remove the competition for light.
- Genetic modification of crops.
- Crop rotation.
- Netting protects crops …
How can a farm increase productivity?
5 Key Measures to Improve Farming Productivity
- Smart water management. Using of drop by drop or sprinkler irrigation systems you can increase crop yields up to 50 percent.
- Varieties selection.
- Conservation tillage.
- Farm management software.
How do farmers increase the efficiency of food production?
Food production can be increased by growing high-yield crops, removing other plants and pests and adding fertiliser to the soil. Other intensive farming practices include keeping animals indoors, often in restricted spaces. Many of these practices have unwelcome side effects.
How would a farmer maximize the productivity of their livestock?
Intensively farmed crops/ livestock, have greater net productivity than organisms in.. Herbicides kill weeds that compete with agricultural crops for energy. Reducing competition means crops receive more energy, so they grow faster and become larger, increasing productivity.
What are examples of extensive farming?
- Intensive = market gardening, mixed crop/livestock, plantation agriculture.
- Extensive = nomadic herding, ranching, shifting cultivation.
What agricultural term is used to describe food production productivity?
Intensive farming uses machines, fertilisers, man-power and high-yield crops to maximise the amount of food produced. Farmers growing arable crops often specialise in growing only one crop to maximise their profits. This is called monoculture.
Why do we need to increase farm productivity?
The productivity of farms is essential for many reasons. Providing more food, increasing productivity affects the farming market’s growth, labour migration, and income. Increased agricultural productivity refers to the more efficient distribution of scarce resources.
What are modern methods of farming?
Modern methods of farming relate to a particular of agricultural production consisting of high capital inputs, manpower, the heavy use of farm equipment including threshers, winnowing machine, harvesters, the heavy use of technology like selective breeding, insecticides, chemical fertilizers and pesticides.
What are the problems faced by a farmers during agricultural practices?
Biggest problems faced by farmers in India?
- Small and fragmented land-holdings:
- Manures, Fertilizers and Biocides:
- Lack of mechanisation:
- Soil erosion:
- Agricultural Marketing:
- Scarcity of capital:
What are the three options to increase food production?
1. Agro – chemical based agriculture
- Agro – chemical based agriculture.
- Organic agriculture.
- Genetically engineered crop-based agriculture.
What are the ways to increase food production?
Strategies to increase food supply
- Irrigation. Irrigation can double the amount of food produced.
- Aeroponics and hydroponics. Aeroponics and hydroponics are systems that allow plants to be grown without soil.
- The New Green Revolution. The Green Revolution first began in the 1940s.
- Biotechnology and appropriate technology.
What are the techniques of farming?
Top 5 Farming Techniques Government Should Promote More to Help Farmers Earn Extra Money
- Multi-Layer Farming:
- Zero Budget Natural Farming:
- Biofloc Fish Farming:
How has technology improved animal agriculture?
Livestock technology can enhance or improve the productivity capacity, welfare, or management of animals and livestock. By monitoring feed delivery, they can deliver a body condition score that tells farmers real-time health statistics on their livestock such as weight, fat, and even if the animal has a limp.
What do you mean by livestock production?
Livestock is commonly defined as domesticated animals raised in an agricultural setting to produce labor and commodities such as meat, eggs, milk, fur, leather, and wool. In particular, livestock, especially beef, dairy and sheep stocks, have out-sized influence on greenhouse gas emissions from agriculture.
What is livestock farming technology?
Precision agriculture technologies are popular and have been integrated in livestock production. RFID, biometric sensors and GPS allow monitoring of the farm animals. Production managers must be able to respond fast to potential problems. Some 70% of grassland soils in the UK have some kind of compaction.