Go Rural for Business - Blog
Forthcoming 2015 International Learning Journey
29th July 2015
FOCUS - FARMING : FOOD : TOURISM : AGRITOURISM
Following a successful learning journey to Tuscany and Umbria in September 2014 with a group of UK business owners and managers, Caroline Millar is once again leading a Learning Journey to Italy. Caroline undertook her Nuffield Schol-arship research in Tuscany in 2012 and has visited the region several times since, building up close relationships with key people involved in farming and tourism.
When does it take place?
- Sunday 27th to Wednesday 30th September 2015 (3 nights, 4 days).
What does the learning journey involve?
- Meeting with Italian farmers and agritourism business owners, farm tours
- Staying in authentic Italian agritourism farms to experience Italian life and experience their food and drink direct from farm
- Behind the scenes look at Italian tourism, leisure, food culture & enterprise
- Industry meetings with Italian Farmers Union, Slow Food Movement, Depart-ment of Agriculture and Italian Tourism Board
- Learning from other UK business owners & managers— facilitated discussions and knowledge exchange between like-minded individuals