Cookies & Privacy
Go Rural Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 01/07/2012.
Go Rural For Business uses "cookies" to help improve your online experience.
A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by our web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer and are safe.
Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the goruralforbusiness.com domain that issued the cookie to you.
None of cookies on our web site collect or store personal data, we only store standard internet log data for our internal reporting purposes. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the thisispulp.co.uk web site. We collect this information in a way which does not identify anyone, keeping your privacy as well as allowing us to improve the web site wherever possible.
The goruralforbusiness.com web site does collect some personal / identifiable information but this is always done through asking you the user to enter details such as your email address. We will never capture personal information without making you aware first.
You still have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the thisispulp.co.uk services or web site.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Go Rural Ltd, Southbrae, Thornhill, Stirling, Stirlingshire, FK8 3QB.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.